Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Wind and the Waves

The Lord woke me up at 6:45 this morning.  For real. Saturday. The day after summer break begins. Those who know me well know I'm not a morning person. The sad part is, I'm not a night person either.  Paul says you can catch me best from 10-2.  I wasn't ready. Boy was I not ready. But He was.

Before the coffee was even finished brewing He had directed me to Matthew 14:24-33. Yes, sometimes I get on my phone first before I go to the Lord.  Sometimes I open Instagram to wake up.  I know it may be a horrible habit, but I can't seem to dive into anything until the fog has lifted a bit from my eyes. This morning the Lord used it to point me to him.  A friend I follow posted a picture of her Bible this morning opened up to these very verses (Thank you, Lisa Young!!).  I knew at that moment the Lord put it there just for me.  He wouldn't let me get past it until I opened my Bible and dove right into what He put there just for me, for this morning.

My heart seems to stay in a very raw place these days.  I'm so ready for this season of pruning/chiseling to be over with for a while.

Verse 24..."Meanwhile, the disciples were in trouble far away from land, for a strong wind had risen, and they were fighting heavy waves." A strong wind and heavy waves.  Do you ever feel like you are drowning beneath the wind and the waves?? What is your wind this morning? What is in the waves?? Part of me doesn't even want to peel back the layers to look.

Verse 27..."But Jesus spoke to them at once, "Don't be afraid." he said, "Take courage, I am here!!"  After I read this verse my heart began to see a glimpse of hope.  Take courage, He is here, beside me, holding me by my right hand...holding my husband by his right hand, holding my children by their right hand, holding my parents by their right hand, holding each of us by our right hand.

Verse 28..."Lord, if it's really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water."

Verse 29..."Yes, come," Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus.

Verse 30...But when he saw the strong wind and the waves he was terrified and began to sink.  "Save me, Lord!" he shouted.

Verse 31...Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him.  "You have so little faith," Jesus said.  "Why did you doubt me?"

Why do we doubt Him? Why do we struggle so much with trusting that He is in control and we can let go and let Him take over?

When I started reading these verses I just had to stop a minute and reflect a moment at how good the Lord is.  He has been preparing me for this morning. He knows that worship music speaks volumes to my soul.  I've had this song on on my playlist and every time it comes on I have to push repeat.  I had to just smile at how He works.

Come to Me

I am the Lord your God, I go before you now
I stand beside you, I'm all around you
Though you feel I'm far away,
I'm closer than your breath
I am with you, more than you know

I am the Lord your peace, no evil will conquer you
Steady now your heart and mind, come into My rest
Oh, let your faith arise, lift up your weary head
I am with you wherever you go

Come to Me, I'm all you need
Come to Me, I'm everything
Come to Me, I'm all you need
Come to Me, I'm your everything

I am your anchor, in the wind and the waves
I am your steadfast, so don't be afraid
Though your heart and flesh may fail you
I'm your faithful strength
I am with you wherever you go

You have to take a minute and listen to it.  I can't even.  I am your anchor, Shannon, in the wind and the waves.  I am your steadfast, so don't be afraid.

I am your husbands anchor, your children's anchor...in the wind and the waves.  So don't be afraid.  Let go.  Hold onto me.  Come to Me.

https://youtu.be/oy9mAJh5ST8

What is your wind? The more I allow fear to control my thoughts and my actions, the more of a mess I create in myself as well as my family.  It's time to let go.  It's time to take hold of His right hand and step out on the water.




No comments: